Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Meander through Maleny



On Sunday TechnoHusband suggested that we take a little drive, which took us up the big hill to the little town (with a big heart) of Maleny.  We enjoyed some yummy lunch, a little window shopping, a play in the park and the purchase of some yummy coconut rough from the old fashioned sweets store. Which I am still nibbling on. Mmmmm. Yum!
What was left of BoyWonder's bakery gingerbread man.
'One of these things is not like the other.....'  If you squint your eyes, he looks just like another bollard.

Oh the pudginess of it all!  Toddler-hood is soooo cute!
Getting his 'dizzy' on

I came across a really sweet little Arts and Craft shop in the main street full of my kind of goodies.  I would have included a photo but a lady wearing those really short shorts with her bottom hanging out kept standing in front of me, and I thought it might be a bit inappropriate.  

It was a lovely day, and just reminds me how much fun it is to be spontaneous every now and then and have a wee little adventure.  I don't do 'spontaneous' very well, I tend to plan...oooh... about 6-8 weeks ahead in general.  But I'm learning!  That's what it's all about right?  

Have you done anything spontaneous lately? Any brilliant suggestions? 
Oh my goodness gracious me.  Adorable.

6 comments:

  1. How sweet, love the photos, looks like you had a great day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My in-laws visited a few weeks ago and we took them 'up the hill' to Maleny and Montville, it's so wonderful up there, and perfect for a quiet day out with visitors and kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Montville is lovely too! So were YOU the lady with the very short shorts Katy? Just kidding ;-)

      Delete
  3. That last photo is too cute!

    I am trying to be more spontaneous too.
    It is easy now since I am on holiday...I can get everything I need to done during the week and therefore on the weekends I am up for anything!
    But I know once I go back to work and Uni it will become much harder...life needs to be structured and organised in order to keep on top of everything!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you enjoy the time on holidays while you can! I am definitely one for structure...but I'm learning to love surprises too.

      Delete
  4. Love the pic of your two " men"--precious:)

    ReplyDelete