Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Crisis Averted


TechnoHusband takes his X-BOXing very seriously.   
The other night I was reading in the bedroom, when I heard a great fuss coming from the lounge room.  I'm talking like heart-racing, blood-draining, nail-biting 'fuss'.  There was panic in TechnoHusband's voice, and a general sense of urgency, fear, and absolute imminent danger.
What on earth was going on? In a matter of seconds the following thoughts/theories all crossed my mind:
1.  That someone had crashed their car on the street outside; or worse, into our house.  But I had heard no crash, and felt no thud.
2. That TechnoHusband had injured himself severely and required an ambulance.  But I knew he was sitting on the couch, so this couldn't be be case.
3.  That a house fire had started while we were both distracted, and we were seconds away from losing everything.  But I could smell no smoke.

What was going on out their?  The frantic sounds and mild profanities continued as I leaped off the bed, flung open the door and screamed...
'What's wrong?! What happened?! Are you ok?!' 
I was met with an equally distraught reply... 
'No! The battery in the controller died! Right in the middle of my game!!!!'

Of course!  How had this extremely threatening crisis not crossed my mind?  Never underestimate the necessity of a fully charged battery when 'saving the world', one thumb-squeeze at a time.  

Duracell and Energizer, I'd be happy to negotiate the use of this scenario for your advertising purposes...to the highest bidder of course.  ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahah I am laughing so hard at this LOL

    I have a gamer husband and he often gets quite into his games so this was just hilarious to me.

    ReplyDelete